XtraordinaireWoman is a blog which I use to showcase my passion. I am interested in so many different things and I’ve found out a way to string them all up into a single unit is through blogging. Each post on this platform is typed from a well thought-out and researched background, this is because when I started blogging, I decided not just to blog out of ‘necessity’ but out of inspiration too. By the grace of GOD this birth something beautiful. XraordinaireWoman is about fashion,beauty,lifestyle,empowering women and much more. Please help fuel my passion by following, liking, commenting and sharing.
XtraordinaireWoman is a blogging site which I use to showcase my passion. I am interested in so many different things and I’ve found out that the way to string them all up into a single unit is to air it out through each of my posts. Each post on this platform is typed from a well thought-out and well researched background, this is because when I started blogging early this year, I decided that I will never blog out of ‘necessity’ but out of inspiration. By the grace of GOD this will be the birth of something beautiful. XraordinaireWoman is all about fashion,beauty,lifestyle,empowering females and many more. Please follow,like and share.
Today we are celebrating women like Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Michelle Obama to mention a few but what are some of the habits they imbibed to become successful? Success is wanted by all but only those who work towards it, achieve it. Here are 6 highly effective habits of successful people (this is for everyone not just women).
1. Have a good morning routine: this means waking up early, saying a prayer for a successful day, having an exercise routine to stay in shape (even if it’s a 10-minute workout, health is wealth), writing down your daily plan in a journal (things you need to get done, you can write them down a day before or on Sunday of the new week, I discussed Journaling in my previous post, it helps you get organized), then work mode follows. Soon I’ll be sharing with you sites to check out if you need a side hustle. Its important to have a good morning routine as it affects how your day goes. Keep in mind that the previous night’s activities also affects your next morning.
2. Stop procrastinating: instead of saying I’ll do it later, let’s cultivate the habit of saying I’m doing it now. Procrastinating messes with our time as leaving things undone eats into time set to do other things. Getting things done gives you a sense of fulfilment. Do it now.
3. Not just your braids, take care of your brain too: harsh as it might sound, a habit of successful people is that they educate themselves. What are you reading? What environment are you exposing yourself to? All these have an effect on us. You can’t enter a field or let alone become successful in that field without educating yourself. Expose yourself to materials, books, sites, apps, resources, people in your field of interest to develop yourself. People and places you take advice from have an effect on you. Successful people don’t fold their arms and expect everything to fall in their lap, they work hard and then let it speak for them. This also helps you for when an opportunity presents itself, you are prepared because you’ve educated yourself. So ladies as much as caring for your braids is good, educating your brain is very important.
4. Stay determined: while working and educating yourself you should understand that, the life you are building for yourself is not going to happen overnight. Keyword: building, it’s a process, don’t rush yourself but stay on your toes, working. Remember to not get intimidated by people’s success while doing so. I used to have this, especially when you open apps like Instagram, you get flooded with images and videos of people. I had to cultivate the habit of celebrating others, I believe that you can’t become what you don’t appreciate.
5. Work on your attitude: its very important to work on your character as it could open/close doors of opportunities for you. Being proud, having an ego or a bad temper is not something to boast about, it’s a liability. A liability is something that takes from you and it could be taking from you with/without your knowledge. Understand that having good manners, saying simple things like “please, thank you, excuse me” might seem irrelevant but it does matter. Good manners show you are a person of good character, nobody wants to hire a rude worker, nobody wants an angry partner, nobody would approach a proud fellow and you miss opportunities. These little things steal from us and being nice, respectful is easier as it takes a lot of emotion to be angry, bitter, rude and crude.
6. Association: they said “show me thy friends, I’ll tell you who you are”,true but I say “show me your friends and I’ll tell you where you are going”. Your association is the environment you are exposing yourself to and that translates into the individual you are/are becoming. Its important to be respectful to everyone and not be condescending but you need to be cautious of who you associate the term ‘friend’ with. This may sound like something you heard in primary school but its still very much applicable now. Successful people are constantly creating beneficial relationships. As a growing individual, you need to surround yourself with people who have a drive for success that matches or is more than yours so they can build yours. I repeat myself, be nice and respectable to everyone but not everyone who approaches you should be brought in, especially people who won’t add value to you but take from you. You deserve value.
Lastly, in the world we live in now many people have been made to believe that hardworking people have no place in the table of success. Everyone’s journey to being successful is different but there is reward for hard work.
Hello beautiful queens, welcome. Today I will be launching our FEMININITY SERIES, if you want to learn more about what the series is about, I made a post here: FEMININITY SERIES on it, you can check it out.
FEMININITY SERIES is a series aimed to help women (myself included) to become better version of themselves.
It’s not aimed to attack, belittle or come off misogynistic. Every woman is beautiful and I appreciate every one of you but coming into this year I decided to embark on a self-improvement journey so if you also want to improve or level up like me, consider this as a guide. These are my opinions and it’s totally up to you to agree with them or not. Let’s begin!
Embracing your femininity
What does it mean to embrace your femininity?
As humans, we have both feminine and masculine energies. While you may not agree but we (females) have the tendency to switch out of our feminine energy into to this hard shelled, ‘I don’t need anyone, I won’t ask for help, I can do it all myself’, be domineering and plainly, that’s us exhibiting our masculine energy. Especially in the society we grew/are growing up in, we’ve been made to believe we women are the ‘weaker vessels’ (as society misinterpreted it). In a bid to compensate, we begin to tap out of our feminine energy so as to not look weak, needy or desperate.
Embracing your femininity is keeping it locked always in our feminine energy no matter the circumstance.
Our feminine energy is that soft, loving, calm, welcoming aura which exudes grace, beauty elegance, self control and self sufficiency.
What does it mean to stay tapped in our feminine energy?
It means loving your strengths and weaknesses as a woman. It means being the best version of an elegant woman who is not defined by societal standards. It means embracing womanhood, enjoying your growth and basking in the beauty of being a woman.
I want us to think of it as this. Close your eyes and imagine yourself being in a field of beautiful flowers, taking in the serene environment, the sun hitting your face, enjoying the calmness, the peace away from life’s troubles, next time you think of a way to embrace your femininity, think of it this way.
It also means,
I will no longer be ashamed of my body, skin, size or how I look because I embrace how I am beautifully made.
I will no longer be careless with resources because I am a manager.
I will be careful of what I consume in my diet, online and my surroundings because it can affect me.
I will no longer feel awkward in social settings because I will comport myself as a classy woman.
It means I won’t react to people who push me to the wall the same way because I am the bigger person in the situation.
I will no longer be afraid to speak up, take charge or stand up for myself because I am confident.
I will no longer be ignorant because I am taking out time to educate myself.
I am embracing the greatness and elegance in me.
There are so many more affirmations but you can choose to affirm what is peculiar to you. Feel free to affirm what you want to see. I am dropping a self improvement template for you, you can download or take a screenshot of it, fill it and save it privately to monitor your progress.
Happy New year once more. 2021 was awaited and it’s finally here! Congratulations on making it, today I am sharing some tips on Setting yourself up for success in the new year.
1. Get organized.
Getting organized can help you declutter, arrange and toss out things you aren’t needing anymore. Organizing isn’t only restricted to your wardrobe but it also involves planning your day, how you manage your time, money, resources, schedulingmeetings, events etc.
One way I recommend is Journaling. Journaling has helped me get organized, plan my day and week, manage my time properly and it has helped me to get what needs to be done, done. I highly recommend this as it as helped me stay organized, luckily I got one this year, so buy yourself one. See it as an investment to set yourself up for success.
2. Small goals matter too
We all set goals for the new year but don’t overlook small goals. Small goals are things you want to achieve in a short term, like getting in shape for the next two months, acing your test etc. The beauty of short term goals is that they are achievable in a short space of time.
3. Take a rest
Rest is important and it’s an essential part of our day. Everyday we are occupied with activities but never forget to take a break, resting rejuvenates you, makes you sharper and it helps you to avoid being weary, dull or slow. Resting is also a part of our beauty treatment as women as it keeps you glowing, healthy and keeps the eye bags away. Always remember to take a break, a 10-minute rest can help a lot. We want to be in our top form this year so we need time to rejuvenate and care for yourselves.
4. Engage yourself positively
5. Cherish your peace
Engaging yourself with something worthwhile would add value to you. Whether it’s investing, starting a new business, gaining knowledge on something new, exposing your mind to beneficial information, joining a book club online, volunteering, taking a course. Say yes to whatever that would add to you, this year is about growth.
Your peace is an integral part of your life. It’s important to always sustain and cherish your peace and you can do this by doing away with toxicity. Anyone or anything that will disturb your peace should be avoided. Learn to forgive and let go, negativity isn’t worth remembering or pondering over.
Also don’t be too hard on yourself, especially about something that has happened or something you cannot control. If it’s in the past, it’s in the past, look forward to improving yourself. Stay tuned for more tips to improve yourself with our FEMININITY SERIES, subscribe to get lastest updates. ❤️+💡
It’s a new year! Happy new year, wishing you a prosperous and productive year.
It’s a new beginning for us all and this year we would be launching our FEMININITY SERIES which will entail embracing our femininity as women. It’s a series not only exclusive to women but all. Anyone can read to educate themselves, share with their sisters, spouses, friends etc. It’s going to be a series aimed to educate and groom women to be the best version of themselves. It’s a new year and it’s time to give back to ourselves.
Stay hooked to this blog throughout the year so you can stay updated. Have a prosperous year!
African women, true to our roots, we love our braids. Braids isn’t just a style but a craft, a form of art. Braids date back to the 1900s, braiding started in Africa with the Himba people of Namibia. In many African tribes, braided hairstyles were a unique way to identify each tribe. Braid patterns and hairstyles were an indication of a person’s tribe, age, marital status, wealth, power, and religion. Braiding was and is a social art because of the amount of time it can take, people often would take the time to socialize. It began with the elders braiding their children, then the children would watch and learn from them and so on.
Here’s why everyone is crazy about knotless braids
It causes less tension on the scalp thereby preventing hair breakage.
It is less painful as the braids don’t start from the roots of our hair.
It is less stiff and very flexible.
It uses less hair than regular braids
It is less heavy than regular braids.
It’s a great protective style as our edges are protected too.
It’s a new take on something familiar and everyone desires something new and unique.
HOW TO DO THE KNOTLESS BRAIDS
From the outlook, it seems difficult but I promise you its easy.
Wash, condition and moisturize your hair.
Dry your hair properly.
Section your hair into parts (box or triangle sections, your choice) using your rattail comb.
On the roots of the section, apply your hair jam, gel, cream or anything you want to use to sleek down your braids so they stay in place, last long and have shine.
Split the sectioned hair into three strands and start weaving your braid without adding your synthetic attachment hair.
After two braided links, add a piece of your synthetic attachment hair (just like you add extra synthetic attachment hair to braids to make it longer) and continue to add a new piece of synthetic attachment hair after three braided links as you work your way down (add synthetic attachment hair to your desired size).
Mist your braids with a holding spray as this will help to bond your hair to the synthetic attachment hair and prevent your hair from unraveling.
If you want to take it a step further to add curl which is completely optional. Ladies, I got you
HOW TO ADD CURLS TO THE ENDS OF YOUR BRAIDS
Hair rollers: Section and roll the ends of your braids to the desired length on the rollers
2. Hot water: insert it in hot water and wait for 3 minutes
3. Towel: dry with a towel
Knotless braids is definitely a style to try as its convenient and easy to maintain. You can maintain it by keeping your scalp moist- It’s important to moisturize your hair 2-3 times a week with any leave-in conditioner or any sheen spray of your choice.
(photocredit: Pinterest and all respective owners)
I’m back again. How are we all doing? I hope you are staying positive in this period. Positivity will go a long way now, remember this is only temporary and we should keep praying that the world will see an end to COVID-19. I’ll keep all of you in prayers I hope you do too, I love you all.
What are we doing today?
What are we doing todaaay??
What are we doing todaaaaaaay??!
Today I’m sharing with you all 101 Ankarastyles but first let me give you a little history behind Ankara.
To burst your bubble, Ankara a.k.a ‘African Prints’, ‘African Wax’, and Dutch Wax’ didn’t originate from Africa (shocked?) but we have adopted it as one of our cultural pieces.
The history of Ankara can be traced back to the Bronze Age Hatti civilization, which was succeeded in the 2nd millennium BC by the Hittites, in the 10th century BC by the Phrygians, and later by the Lydians, Persians, Macedonians, Galatians, Romans, Byzantines, Seljuks, and Ottomans. (According to Wikipedia).
Ankara comes in different sizes, yards, colours and textures. Ankara can be worn with a matching piece, gele, headwrap, jeans or any suitable bottoms. It can also be mixed with organza, satin, velvet, chiffon or lace. It can also be used to make bags, shoes, pillowcases, art, bedsheets, jewellery and so much more. Ankara is truly a wardrobe staple, the good thing is anyone can rock it and definitely turn heads.
Tipsto spot a good quality Ankara fabric:
1. It has a deeper colour.
2. It is made of 100% cotton not polyester.
3. It has the precise pattern on both sides not clear on one side.
4. It’s smooth to touch not coarse.
5. When rumpled with two fingers, it quickly regains its shape.
6. When dipped in water the dye doesn’t come off (as we call it here in Nigeria, ‘get washed’)
101 Ankara styles, enjoy!
I’m proud of the styles I found online especially the male designs! Thumbs up to those who created these pieces♥️. Photo credit: Pinterest and respective owners (I lay no claim to ownership of these pictures)
Helllllloooooo! I’m back again, today I want to share some tips on how to take great pictures! As we all know, with the advent of social media e.g Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc, photography has also advanced and we all want to be popping in our pictures, no one wants to be caught slipping. Here are some useful tips on how to take great pictures, I’m not an expert, I’m also trying like most of you but I still pride myself in knowing a thing or two about photography, good pictures and all that jazz. So read and enjoy!
1. Get a good camera or phone
For great pictures, you need a good camera or phone, unless you want to go into photography, blogging or vlogging I don’t think purchasing a camera is necessary you can just use a phone and with the advancements in technology, phones like an iPhone, Samsung, Tecno, Infinix give great picture quality. So firstly, get a good device but don’t go overboard getting something outside your means.
Lightning can make or mar your pictures and thank God for the sun, it gives us natural light which can make our pictures pop and of course the golden hour shot is taken when the sun is up, so pick your camera and take a shot! (Say cheese)
A good background is necessary for great pictures. It could be indoors (your bedroom, a wall etc), outdoors or you could create a background yourself, there are videos of how to make backgrounds on YouTube, you can check them out if you are a DIY person.
4. Makeup or no makeup makeup but look the part.
You can wear makeup or go natural, anything you choose to do, remember you are beautiful. So you do you and rock it, confidence is key and of course dress nice, it doesn’t have to be all glam but be clean and look nice.
Using props can add more creativity to your pictures, you can use flowers, books, bicycles, paint etc. Just keep it nice, here are more pictures of props you can use in your pictures. Enjoy!
In posing, be natural. Don’t go over the top because it can get weird. Pose nicely, play with angles with your hands and shoulders. Be natural.
7. Have fun
Have fun, smile and dazzle your pictures. That’s one key to having beautiful pictures, have fun. The thing, if you aren’t comfortable, moody or sad it will show right through and it’s better to stay away from the camera when you feel this way. I know everything isn’t sunshine and unicorns but smiling doesn’t cost anything!
You’ve got the light, camera and now action! Take your picture! You may ask a friend or a photographer to take it for you or you can go solo too (like me sometimes), set your timer on your camera or phone, pose and take your shot.
9. Retouch! Edit!
Sometimes you need to edit your pictures even if it’s just a bit, to highlight, brighten, smoothen, sharpen your pictures or add a hue here or there, it really helps to get that popping picture, because no one wants a dull picture, don’t be caught slipping!
Here are some apps I use to edit my pictures:
Instagram editing options
So feel free to choose from any of these but don’t go overboard, having that natural touch in your pictures is also great.
Every great pictures needs to be posted somewhere, don’t let it die on your camera roll. You are beautiful and the world needs more beauty so volunteer to add some. So add a nice caption, it could be sexy, cool or motivational. Keep it positive and classy.
This isn’t a tip but more of an advice. Whenever you put so much effort in something, give your self a pat on the back and don’t wait for anyone to do it. So you are doing this for yourself and remember that, you are adding more beauty to the world. You are awesome!
Hey guys, hope you all are staying safe. Staying indoors can get really boring but if that’s the price to pay to stay safe, I guess we should all do it without grumbling. With the outbreak of the Corona Virus Pandemic (COVID-19), everyone’s way of living has been affected. I mean, you can’t go out, you can’t work, even if you get out of the house you’ve got to be geared up. Well that’s for people in the UK, USA etc because my people here in Nigeria aren’t even taking this seriously🤣…. well let me say, some are but majority aren’t.
What exactly is their problem? Like you may ask,
1. Nigerians are stubborn, when they tell them “nobody should come out“, everyone will come out to see if nobody will really come out.
2. To be honest, adapting to this ‘staying indoors‘ thing isn’t easy on anyone. Everyone is used to their daily routines so it’s hard on us all.
3. When we are indoors, not working. What do we eat? The Government hasn’t shared food supplies like they claim to have.
4. Staying confined to a place can greatly affect your mental state. What if our electricity company decides to not give us light, t.v keeps a lot of us company and how do we charge our devices?
5. Some can’t work comfortably from home because we aren’t in our regular working setting.
The list goes on and on, staying indoors is what we have to do, we don’t have a choice. Please stay safe, wash your hands and avoid touching your face. (Y’all already know the drill)
Today, I’m writing on DIY SANITIZER. With the recent inflation in the price of sanitizers, I feel this will be a useful tool and moreover……. as a chemist (let me feel myself) all of us around the world are swinging into action because the world needs us. This can save a life and if it can, we should do it.
I want to emphasize washing of hands over using sanitizer, it is important to do so. “In the final analysis, it’s the hands. The hands are the connecting piece,” says Elizabeth Scott, PhD. Scott co-directs the Center for Hygiene and Health in Home and Community at Simmons University in Boston.
“You can’t necessarily control what you touch. You can’t control who else touched it. But you can look after your own hands,” she says.
Hand-washing — with soap and water — is a far more powerful weapon against germs than many of us realize.
Scott says it works on two fronts: “The first thing that’s happening is that you’re physically removing things from your hands. At the same time, for certain agents, the soap will actually be bursting open that agent, breaking it apart.” The second thing soap does is mechanical. It makes skin slippery so that with enough rubbing, we can pry germs off and rinse them away. Now that’s clear, let’s move on.
Things you need:
1. 2/3 Rubbing alcohol a.k.a isopropyl alcohol
2. 1/3 Glycerin
3. 1/3 Aloe vera gel
4. Bowl, mixer and storage bottles. You can get all these in a pharmacy or a market.
(Some people add Hydrogen peroxide but I read somewhere that it has the ability to lighten your skin, we aren’t trying to tone our skin here so…..). Divide each ingredient into 3 parts, that’s how to get the 1/3 and 2/3 measurements.
Procedure: add the alcohol into a bowl, add the aloe vera gel (mix well to dissolve the gel) then slowly add the glycerin (mix well) and put into your storage bottles. Done!
Note: To be effective, hand sanitizer needs to have a strength of at least 60 percent alcohol. Since you’re going to have to mix your sanitizer with aloe vera gel in order to stabilize it, aloe vera gel has moisturizing properties and protect your hands, most recipes suggest that the mixture contain at least two-thirds 99 percent isopropyl alcohol and one-third gel. A 91 percent alcohol would work as well. (You can probably ignore the occasional suggestion to use vodka instead of isopropyl alcohol since many vodkas are only 40 percent alcohol. And anyway, why waste good liquor?)
On the other hand, the ethanol (also known as ethyl alcohol) in distilled beverages, such as vodka, is also effective. In fact, it’s actually considered more effective against some types of infectious diseases than isopropyl alcohol. But in order to get the proper strength, you’d have to find alcohol that is 180 proof or higher.
Sanitizer is only effective if you cover your hands thoroughly and then let them dry. Squirting a few drops into your palms and then wiping your hands isn’t going to help at all.
If your hands are heavily soiled or greasy, then, according to the CDC, hand sanitizer isn’t going to do much so washing your hands is important
That’s all for now, stay safe, stay indoors, avoid touching your face, avoid overcrowded places, stay protected. This cup will pass🙏. I love you all
To all mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, girlfriends, true friends, to all men who may need to read this I dedicate this to you.
Every female is a QUEEN. Irrespective of who you are or what you do.
WHAT IS QUEENOLOGY?
Queenology is a deposition, it is an elevated and adjusted mentality of how we, women, think and feel of ourselves in spite of society, trials and whatever storm we face.
I could say almost every (if not all) female goes around saying “am a queen, am a queen” but the difference Queenology brings is, that it makes us believe that we are actually born queens so confession is necessary but the believe in our heart stands. So Queenology is introducing most women to themselves for the first time.
The major problem most women face is the problem of Oblivion, we don’t know! We’ve never actually realised it maybe because everytime we scrutinize ourselves,we may have decided that we can’t be better, we can’t be perfect or in some cases, we can’t be who we want to be, even in the society today where a woman’s sexuality is all that is glorified about her, this is because it benefits a perverted world to only glorify a woman’s sexuality and not her individuality, strength or beauty.
I happened to come across a video on YouTube by R.C Blakes which I downloaded and I watched and I must say I was blessed. I learnt a lot in a little video of 45mins or so, a lot to last me a whole lifetime and which is sufficient enough to be passed on to people in the society and generations to come, why? Because it is what I call SUBSTANCE, something you can’t trade or run away from because it’ll pull you right back in so I’ve decided to share it with u.
QUEENOLOGY 101 :
These are a few things I’d like to address before going into the main part of this message.
1. The throne and the crown:
Every woman has both a crown and a throne. The throne speaks of owning who you are and the crown speaks of adjusting your mentality.
2. Queenology is coming out of your history and facing your destiny.
3. Dominion, only a ruler can have dominion, only a queen or a king can rule.
4. A queen is governed by a king and not a clown.
5. A Queen knows she is the prize so she’s not going to throw herself down for anyone.
5 basic tenets of Queenology
I know who I am.
Self awareness is about IDENTITY.
I am a single, distinct and limitless individual, undefined by anyone or anything. – R.C .BLAKES
It’s about understanding yourself, realising who you are irrespective of contradictions. A queen is satisfied with her individuality she doesn’t need external approval through titles or scores to feel complete because she knows that true satisfaction comes from within herself and acceptance of who she is.
Self mastery is about discipline. A queen has values and guiding principles she lives her life by. She protects herself from carelessness and when she makes a mistake, she forgives herself and she learns from it (of course she’s liable to make mistakes, she’s still human). She masters every aspect of her life be it her emotions, relationships, sexuality, spirituality and financially and when her king comes she submits completely to him because she has imbibed the value of discipline. (P.s a KING and not a clown)
She is a free-living human, independent of anyone or any man. She needs no validation from any man’s financial status because she is self-sufficient, independent and can fend for herself. She is not needy, she builds and lives on self-sufficiency to care for herself. Her king may have more than enough to care for her but it’s not her lifeline, take everything away, she’s still standing strong and in the days when her king faces storms, she embraces the moment and stands for him.
Plus, queens escape the trap of dependence that some men may set for her, for example, talking her out of school, talking her out of investing in a business or asking her to be his baby-mama. Every women deserves to be wife-d so please queens, never settle for less.
A queen is never invisible in any space she is in. She is confident and she leaves her mark with grace, humility, excellence and kindness. She is not timid yet not arrogant, she doesn’t play dumb in any setting, she projects herself even when she decides to be silent. When she steps into the room, everyone acknowledges the arrival of a unique caliber because of her grace and presence. When she speaks she speaks with intelligence and certainty, she might be wrong but she projects herself and in projecting herself she learns.
A queen becomes who she wants to be because she is full of dreams, ideas and visions. A queen is a natural go-getter. She sets goals for herself and she pushes herself to achieving them. Success is important to her yet her validation lies in the evolution of herself.
Say this 5 times :
“I am becoming more every day, manifesting what GOD has put in me”
Remain blessed Oyinda❣
Photo credit: Pinterest, Google and all the respective owners
Today I’ll be blogging on one of the most feared devils of creatives –> ‘ABLOCK‘. What does it mean when Creatives get a BLOCK?
A creative block is a state or phase in which a creative experiences a lack of motivation or a lack of an in flow of ideas and innovations. It is a state of dormancy (short lived or not) of one’s creative ability.
Just before you wave this aside and say it’s not for you or it has never happened to you or rather you are yet to experience this, I would like you to know that ‘all creative people (writer’s, bloggers, artist, photographers, artistes, dancers etc) have experienced a block whether short-lived or permanently’. Yes, a block, if not we’ll managed may often result in a permanent shut down of one’s creative ability.
I’ve had my own share of blocks, where I thought I was almost hopeless but there was a Silver lining in the clouds for me. So essentially, these are self-tested tips
If you are going through this, have gone through this or in future, want to learn how to deal with this, not to worry, am here to help🙂. Today, am here to give you tips on :
‘Dealing With A Creative Block’
1) Calm down, is it the end of the world yet? No, so it’s definitely not the end to your creativity. Keep Calm and Let this cup pass. Just Breathe… Exhale…….
2) Be Patient. Patience is not the same thing as being calm, patience is the follow-up of calmness. As a creative, sometimes the pressure to deliver can choke you but you need to always remember that patience is the essential ingredient to any great pursuit because things done patiently, yields better results. Remember the patient dog gets the fattest bone. You need to be patient with yourself.
3) De-clutter your mind. Erase every garbage from your mind. Having a free and clear mind gives room for new innovations and hence, breeding creativity. Sometimes the reason why you have a block is because you have too much going on, too many things you want to do and sometimes if you think some of the things clouding your mind through, some are really garbage, so what do you do with garbage? Throw it out!
4) Stop! Take no drastic action. It is very common for people who are creative to tend to act when they are in this state of having a Creativity Block, they usually tend to erase, clear and delete things they’ve created, it’s the time when you begin to feel that you aren’t cut out for this because there’s no inflow of ideas, forgetting that every creative have faced/are facing/are going to face this whether it’s short-lived or for a longer period of time. This (deleting or clearing of your work) is the major cause of ‘the permanent block of creatives‘ so they shut down and try to explore other things and when they do not succeed there also, they become stagnant. Who knows, maybe that blockwas just the tunnel they werein and they forgot that there’s always light at the end of a tunnel. So Stop! Don’t clear your work.
5) P-E-R-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y! Persistency is key. I feel this is the most important of all the tips, how do you get unblocked from a creative block? Its simple, you jump over barriers by moving, you can’t sit somewhere and expect things to happen, you need to move to change your position, no one ever makes it by sitting down. Get up! Move, move, move how do you get blocked? It’s only by being/choosing to be confined to a particular place or spot. So go on, try something new, surf the internet, meet new people, watch,listen, get help if you need, collaborate and just Try!
Ok, I’ll confess that I had a Block, throughout this week I found myself opening and closing my WordPress app, wondering what I should blog about and after I realized that I was having a block, I decided to blog about it and BAM! I just did. Am happy I was inspired to blog on it because if I could, I believe we can all overcome barriers if we choose to but it all starts with you choosing to do so.